The CIEMB and Journal of Economics & Development (JED) recommend that authorship be based on the following 4 criteria:
- Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; AND
- Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; AND
- Final approval of the version to be published; AND
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
Authors who submit full papers and register to the CIEMB must fulfill the criteria described below:
- Each author is expected to have made substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work;
- OR the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data;
- OR creation of new software used in the work;
- OR have drafted the work or substantially revised it;
- AND has approved the submitted version (and any substantially modified version that involves the author’s contribution to the study;
- AND agrees to be personally accountable for the author’s own contributions and for ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work, even ones in which the author was not personally involved, are appropriately investigated, resolved, and documented in the literature.
In addition, corresponding authors must:
- Ensure that all listed authors have received and approved the manuscript prior to submission;
- Receive all substantive correspondence with editors as well as full reviews;
- Verify that all data, materials (including reagents ), and code, even those developed/provided by other authors, comply with the transparency and reproducibility standards of both the field and the journal;
- Ensure that original data/materials/code upon which the submission is based are preserved and retrievable for reanalysis;
- Confirm that the presentation in the paper of the data/materials/code accurately reflects the original sources;
- Foresee and minimize obstacles to the sharing of data/materials/code;
- Ensure the entire author group is fully aware of and in compliance with best practices.
For manuscripts that are accepted to be publish on the CIEMB proceeding and on the special isssue of JED, all authors are required to affirm and explain their contribution to the manuscript, agree to the conditions of publication including the availability of data, code, and materials, and declare any conflicts of interest.
The senior author from each group is required to have examined the raw data their group has produced.
We encourage all authors to state their contribution to the study in the acknowledgments section following the CRediT model; this information will be published in the paper.